Instalation of board
METHODS OF INSTALLATION OF THE BOARDS CEMVIN
- the boards may be cut and drilled, eventually also milled
- it is possible to divided the boards into smaller rectangular formats on the customer’s desire and for a charge
FASTENING OF CEMVIN BOARDS
TO FASTEN CEMVIN BUILDING BOARDS YOU SHALL USE:
- wood screw and screew
- bonding (SIKA, DINITROL)
- nails (into the hidden construction)
WOOD SCREW AND SCREEW
CEMVIN boards are fixed to the base using wood screws and screws into pre-drilled holes because of the linear expansion of boards cased changes of humidity. Diameter of the pre-drilled holes has to be 1,5 times bigger than the diameter of the wood screw and screw. Wood screw and screw have to be fasten so as not to deform board and not to prevent volume changes. It is necessary to use wood screw or screws with a round head or different head with sufficient contact surfice.
Direct usage of nails, wood screws and screws is possible in cases where there will be no linear expansion due to changes of humidity.
Wood screw with countersung head can be used only for boards thicker than 8 mm in the interior where there will be no linear expansion due to changes of humidity. It is necessary to pay attention to leave thickness of the material uder the wood screw head.
PRINCIPLES OF CORRECT INSTALLATION OF INDUSTRIAL AND FACADE CEMVIN BOARDS
- dilatation joint between CEMVIN FOD boards has to be 6 mm and more
- holes in the desk have to have diameter 8 mm
- for fixing boards by wood-screw into wooden construction it is possible tu use round-head wood screw 4,5 – 6×30 – 55 mm with washer with rubber ring
- wood screw and screw have to be fasten so that they do not deform board and do not prevent volume changes and allow the movement of the boards as a consequence of these changes
- it is possible to cover the joints between boards with wooden, metal or plastic slats or to lute them by permanently flexible sealant; under the cover boards must be allowed the movement of the boards
CEMVIN BOARDS’ SCHEME POSITION
Distance of anchoring elements (mm)
|Thickness of the board||A||B||C||D|
|3 – 4||max. 300||max. 300||35||50|
|5||max. 400||max. 400||35||50|
|8 – 10||max. 600||max. 400||35||50|
|12 – 20||max. 600||max. 600||35||50|
CONSTRUCTION OF THE BASE GRID
Anchoring system of the base grid and determination its dimensions have to be part of contract documents and have to meet all the requirements of the technological orders and specifications for these construction.
Supporting structure (vertical supporting laths).
The wooden supporting structure consists of laths – strength class S1. Minimal dimension of the vertical supporting laths is 25 x 70 mm and with the contact of two boards 25 x 95 mm.
Metal supporting construction for facades has to be certified, may be used for example ILTEGRO.
With the system of facade boards the overlap of the boards is 50 mm above each other.
METHOD OF INSTALLATION CEMVIN BOARDS
- system with the allowed joint
- admited system
How to rivet on the aluminium construction
This is similar to screwing the boards
The base grid has to have also the reported parameters of pitches depending on the thickness of the board. The holes for rivet are also pre-drilleded 1,5 times the average of the rivet body in given distance, see the table and diagram above. Riveting equipment and tightening of the rivet has to be preset so that it is guaranteed possibility of both line expansion and partly volume expansion - if the board is tighten too hard, it cannot works (dilate) in the place of joint, there is a danger that the material will burst and the join will be debased - therfore we recommend (it is not prerequisite) provide a joint with a rubber pat under the rivet head (screw) for screwing and riveting system.
How to fix the boards CEMVIN by gluing
It is possible to glue on wooden and aluminium constructions
- Preparation of the underlying frame: cleansing, degreasing, or fine-roughening of the surfice (in the case of aluminium structures applying the primer) - subsequently fastening fixation strip.
- Preparation of the facade boards: resharpening the back side of the board in place of the bonded joint, degreasing and activating of the surfice, applying the primer.
- Preparation of the underlying frame: applying the adhesive on the underlying grade next to the fixation strip.
- Fixing of facade boards: the boards glue to 20 min. from applying the adhesive to the underlyin grade.